1. Is there a monetary prize for the Award?
Yes, the Emirates Energy Award provides its winners with a monetary prize.
2. What are the criteria for evaluation?
The evaluation criteria can be found in the following webpage: Evaluation Criteria
3. How are winners chosen?
Completed applications undergo a rigorous evaluation process, following below three tiered process:
- A specialized, independent team of experts from an international firm (The Assessors) reviews all complete applications according to the evaluation criteria and assigns quantitative scores accordingly.
- The evaluated applications are further reviewed by the Technical Committee subject to the evaluation criteria and the feedback of the Assessors. The Technical Committee recommends shortlisted applications according to their score.
- The shortlisted applications are endorsed by the Executive Committee. The Award type (Gold, Silver, Bronze or Special Recognition) for shortlisted applications is not announced until the ceremony day.
4. Can I apply to more than one category?
Yes, however, a maximum of two entries can be made by the same individual, team or entity, and must be submitted individually to separate award categories (type).
5. Can I send more than one application per category?
No, a maximum of two entries can be made by the same individual, team or entity, and must be submitted individually to separate award categories (type).
6. How do I send my application?
Entries must be submitted along with the appropriately filled application form and supportive documents as indicated on the Award's website. Applications must be mailed to DSCE office as a hard copy. Please send your complete application (application form and attachments) to:
- Dubai Supreme Council of Energy
- P.O. Box 121 555
- Al Safa Road, Dubai Petroleum Building,
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Please note that we do not accept applications by email. All applications must be submitted via post as a hard copy, with all attachments at once.
7. How will I be notified of receipt of my submission? Shall I expect to be contacted even if I did not win?
Once you submit your application, an acknowledgement email shall be sent to you from DSCE office within 10 days of receipt of your application.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications received, only finalists will be contacted by DSCE once the evaluation process is completed.
8. Can I apply if I am outside MENA region?
Yes, although the Emirates Energy Award is focused on the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, we welcome applications from across the globe. We appreciate the opportunity to facilitate sharing information about innovative solutions from around the world.
9. Can I apply if I only have a published research paper but no prototype yet?
No, we strongly emphasize the need to demonstrate a minimum of a working prototype. The Award aims to identify practical solutions to various energy challenges and champion those that lead by example and showcase reliability and feasibility of such solutions. Please review the entry requirements for your category of interest as per the EEA website.
10. Can I send you a video or other complimentary material relevant to my project?
Yes, you may attached other relevant illustrations (video, graphs, presentation, etc) with your application.
11. I am a project developer who completed a relevant project for a specific entity. Do you require a “No Objection Letter” from the owner of the project?
Yes, we require submission of a “No Objection Letter” from the project owner in case it was different from the applicant (i.e., if a developer completed the project for a Government entity, we require NOC from the Government entity).
12. Can two entities/companies apply for a joint project?
Yes, however, it should be clearly stated in the application that this is a joint application. Both names of the entities/companies must be stated. The Award prize will be divided in half between the two entities/companies in case of winning.
13. Can I nominate myself for the Young Energy Professional Award?
Yes, one can nominate her/himself for the Young Energy Professional Award or be nominated. All individual entries must be supported by and official letter from his/her employer, in case the project was conducted in house or funded by the employer.
14. Do I need an official letter from my employer to apply to EEA?
The only case where we require an official letter from your employer is when you apply as an individual for a project that is conducted within the facilities of your employer and/or funded by your employer.
15. What is the difference between the Award Categories and the Special Recognition Award?
The Special Recognition Award recognizes applications that did not achieve a high score to worth winning a Gold, Silver or Bronze Award. However, these applications showcase a noble principle that is worth recognition.
16. If I am not sure to which category my project belongs to, can you help me select the rightmost category?
Yes, the expert team of assessors will confirm relevance of your application category. In case you applied to the wrong category, the team may reassign the entry to an alternative category without seeking permission from the respective applicant. However, applicants are welcomed to seek assistance from EEA team on which category suits their project best before sending their application, via the “contact us” options.
17. How long does the evaluation process take? What are the next steps and when shall I expect to be contacted?
The evaluation process lasts for approximately three months. Shortlisted applications shall be contacted in June 2017.
18. Whom to contact if I have any questions or comments?
You may contact:
- Phone +9714-307-2034
- Twitter: @EEA_Dubai
19. When is the deadline of applications? Can I still send my application after the deadline?
Completed applications must be submitted before 1st March 2017 (8:00 am GMT | 12:00 pm Dubai time).
To ensure fairness to all applicants, no application shall be accepted after the specified deadline. Please ensure you send your application ahead of time to ensure it reaches DSCE office before the deadline.
20. When is the Award Ceremony planned for? Where will it be at?
The Award ceremony is planned in October 2017, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Further details will be communicated prior to the event.